Our school values have been developed in consultation with staff, pupils, parents, Governors and members of our local community. Our values are visually represented through the school emblem of an Oak tree and are consistent with our school motto: 'Mighty Oaks from Tiny Acorns Grow'
As a Church school, Christianity is at the root of our values and Jesus' message to 'love one another' is firmly embedded in the 'roots' of our Oak. Our core value is 'CARE' - taking care of each other and our environment - and this forms the 'trunk' of our tree. Finally, the remaining ten values form the branches and represent the values that all members of our community adhere to.
At Alburgh with Denton CE Primary School we aim for ALL children:
- To adopt a healthy and active lifestyle
- To develop a sense of mutual tolerance and respect for the environment and other people
- To enjoy learning and to develop open and enquiring minds
- To provide a broad, dynamic, inspirational and fun curriculum, motivating all children to achieve high standards in their learning and well being
- To develop responsibility, independence, self-esteem and personal, moral and spiritual values within a Christian ethos
- To be a friendly, open and caring school where all children are able to participate in all aspects of learning and feel confident to learn from their mistakes
- To nurture aspirational learners, committed to lifelong learning and becoming active members of their community