Throughout the year we hold regular Parent Forums which are designed to inform parents about various aspects of school life as well as provide an opportunity for parents to give opinions or ask any questions. The Forums are always based on a theme and include a cup of tea or coffee!
This year we have enjoyed Maths and Reading cafes and PE ones in the Summer Term. This year so far we have enjoyed maths cafe in the Autumn term and are looking forward to more in the Spring.
Previous Forums have included:
- How is Maths taught today?
- Helping your child with reading
- Understanding phonics
- Strategies for successful homework
- The importance of safeguarding
- School values, aims and vision
- The school development plan
- Developing the outdoor environment
- What do attainment levels mean?
- What do Governors do?
- What is Forest School?
- Understanding the EYFS
- Transition to High School
- Feedback from our Ofsted inspection
- What is Numicon?
- Behaviours for learning
- How to use the Tapestry system
- The new National Curriculum
- Assessment without levels
- Introducing Singapore Maths
Our next parents forums will be taking place in the spring term.
Our forums this term are Reading Cafes. We find these to be a fun way of engaging with families and children with reading.
Acorns- 12th February 2020 9am
Seedlings- 5th February 2020 9am
Saplings- 19th March 2020 9am
Oaks- 24th February 2020 9am